Roofers Glasgow – Roof Repairs & Replacement
You have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a roofer Glasgow contractor, so why us?
When it comes to your roof, we take the safety and needs of the families in our community seriously. We’re committed to being your partner and offer
award-winning customer service.
Here’s what makes us different:
- We answer the phone or returned your call
- We’re punctual! We show up on time for our appointments, just like we promised on the call.
- We give you straightforward pricing with not uncertainty. Our inspections take everything into account
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job isn’t done until you’re completely happy. No exceptions.
Roofing Glasgow Repairs
Protecting your home starts at the roof. Even slight cosmetic damage can be a symptom of
an underlying problem, or it can lead to something more serious.
As a Top Glasgow Roofing Contractor, you can trust that Clydeside will do a complete and professional job every time we complete job. Whether it’s a simple repair or a complete replacement, our team of Contractors is here to help.
There are three main reasons you’ll need to get a roof repaired:
A leaking roof is the most common issue homeowners face. And while a heavy
rainstorm may be your first indication that there’s a leak, there are a variety
of circumstances that cause the damage due to the Glasgow changeable weather.
- Extreme weather conditions like storms, freeze/thaw
cycles, extreme temperatures, and relentless summer sun accelerate your roof’s
- Snow and ice that accumulate, melt and freeze can
cause water to seep into tiny cracks between and under shingles. These cracks
will expand over time. Also, the weight of snow and ice can cause warping and
- Missing or damaged shingles expose an area for
- Brick chimneys are vulnerable where the mortar
holds them together. This area, plus the flashing and chimney crown damage
easily, exposing the roof to a leak.
- The same thing that occurs with chimneys happens
with skylights, too. The rubber and vinyl seals are especially vulnerable, and
when they dry out and crack, the skylight needs to be replaced.
- Vents have exposed fasteners, which can eventually
lead to leaking, especially since the vents aren’t designed to last as long as
- Holes are an obvious culprit, but tiny and less
obvious holes like removing an antenna or dish mounting bracket can lead to
- Intricate rooflines are more difficult to
waterproof because every joint, valley and slope must be sealed.
- If you have a loft, ventilation issues can cause
moisture build-up. Without adequate intake and exhaust to remove moisture from
your loft, there can be wood rot, mould, and damaged insulation.
- Blocked rain gutters can cause rainwater to seep
under shingles and rot the wood underneath.
Wind & Storm Damage To Roof
- Read the reviews. Look
for consistencies (good or bad) on sites like Yell or Google List. A lot of
satisfied customers will mention their contractor by name.
- Look for industry awards and designations. These are difficult to get and are given to ethical
companies who perform excellent work and provide top-notch customer service.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licenses.
- Get multiple estimates so you can compare the price and scope of the
- Compare material options. Some are going to be more expensive, and
there are steps to take to ensure longevity, which may also be costlier. Decide
what your goals are and evaluate accordingly.
Glasgow Roofing Replacement
A full replacement is a serious investment. Knowing whether the damage can be
fixed with a repair or a brand-new roof is a decision that your roofer Glasgow
contractor will help you make.
When you’re getting quotes for this type of job, carefully evaluate all of your
bids. Cheaper isn’t necessarily better. If something seems too good to be true,
it probably is, so ask a lot of questions!
If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, call us right away! They
could be serious, or you may just need a minor repair:
- Wet spots on the ceiling: The issue needs to be addressed immediately.
- Damaged flashing: Skylights, chimneys, vent pipes and dormers need adequate flashing to protect against leaks. If it doesn’t look right, call a trained professional to fix it. It’s a simple procedure and necessary for maintenance.
- Missing granules: This is a sign that it is at the end of its life. It is more susceptible to leaks, or even blowing off. The granules act as a UV protector and without them, your roof is vulnerable and also ages exponentially faster.
- Buckled shingles: These are usually a symptom of a more serious issue. Contact someone right away for an inspection and diagnosis.
- Missing shingles or shakes: This happens due to wind, but having missing shingles or shakes exposes your roof to a variety of mishaps.
- Curling shingles or shakes: Curling happens at the end of the roof’s life. If it is more than 15 years old and you see curling, it’s usually a sign that it’s time for a replacement.
- Splitting shakes: Wood loses its natural oils over time, causing splitting. Again, this is a symptom that it is nearing the end of its useful life.
- Needles and leaves: While it may seem harmless, not removing needles and leaves promotes the growth of algae, which will take root and destroy your roof.
- Algae staining: Algae stains indicate that there is moss and algae are feeding on your wood. Avoid the temptation to do a high-pressure wash yourself to remove the stain as this will damage the roof. Instead, you should contact a professional to use a non-abrasive, non-toxic way to perform the cleaning.
- Leaves collecting in the gutters
- Moss and algae are clearly visible
- Your roof is more than five years old
- You have a brick or stone chimney that is more than 10 years old
- You have skylights that are more than ten years old
Call a Glasgow roofer on 0141 280 6617 schedule an appointment online
Roof Inspections - Roof Repairs
- loft ventilation
- Loft vents for blockage
- Moisture or dry rot
- Adequate sealing around chimney
- Valleys for cracks
- Blockage in your gutters and downspouts
- Fasten method used from original installation
- Flashing at all walls
- Pipe flashing for cracks
- Holes or cracks in loft vents
- General roof condition
CALL US TODAY ON 0141 280 6617